Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer

Ahhh, this is it.  My first blog post.  I've been wanting to write a blog for eternity a little while now.  I sit here and stare at a blank screen just waiting for me to write something, just to close the window and continue playing Angry Birds.  Not this time.  I'm typing, I'm really doing it!!

OK, enough about that.

It's the first day of summer.  To honor this wonderful day we bought a pool.  Not a tiny little kiddie pool, but a big pool.  A big pool that takes hours to fill.  A big pool that is super heavy.  A big pool that my dogs think is a giant water bowl (in their defense, they're big too).  I think  you get the point.  BIG.
With a big pool comes big responsibility.  The set up was fairly simple.  It went together even faster the second time we set it up (in the same day).  The pool is now filled, finally.  It only took a mere 13 hours.  Then I read the VERY LAST line in the book.  "It is not recommended to use well water when filling this pool."  Ummm, we have well water and the big pool is now filled with it.  Why no well water you ask?  Something to do with the ph and chlorine properties that can possibly react with certain types of well water.  So, I have a big pool just sitting there.  I'm afraid to put any kind of chemical in it.  So, there it sits.  A big water bowl.

2 comments:

  1. I happen to know someone who knows LOTS about pool chemicals...he even took care a 2 hotel pools a few years ago. Just in case.

    Congrats on the pool and the first blog post. It was great. Keep it up girlie. You're a natural! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joey wants one of them so badly, but my yard is soooooo open that the town would surely see it and make me get a permit and then put up a fence or some crap like that. The sprinkler will do :) Great post Jewellee!

    ReplyDelete